Personal Craft Beer Brewery
General Questions About Pico
How long does it take to brew with the Pico?
Pico’s brew cycle takes a little over 2 hours to complete, depending on the specific PicoPak recipe. After the brew cycle is finished the beer will need to ferment for an average of 5 days (may be longer or shorter depending on the specific PicoPak recipe). From PicoPak to pint glass the whole process will take approximately one week.
Can I use my own ingredients in the Pico?
While you cannot use your own ingredients with the Pico, you can create your own recipes and customize your own PicoPaks using our Freestyle PicoPak generator (available December 2016), which will allow you to select which hops, grains and yeast you’d like, and the amounts of each for your recipe. We’ll send you your custom PicoPak already pre-packaged and ready to brew. If you are interested in using your own ingredients check out our Professional Series Zymatic product.
Can I create and brew my own recipes?
PicoBrew is attempting to strike an ideal balance between beer customization and ease-of-use. Right now there are 3 ways to customize your beer:
- Purchase a PicoPak and customize the bitterness and/or ABV percentage to your preference right before brewing.
- Purchase a Freestyle PicoPak. Our online Freestyle PicoPak crafter allows you select the hops, grains, yeast, and amounts of each. We will then ship your Freestyle Pak to you fully packaged and ready to brew.
- Create your own totally custom PicoPaks by joining the PicoBrew Developers Program. You can develop these PicoPaks using loose ingredients on a Zymatic and then publish them as PicoPaks on BrewMarketplace. PicoBrew takes care of sales, packaging and fulfillment and you earn a commission on each sale of your original PicoPak recipe.
How much do PicoPaks cost?
Most PicoPaks will cost $19.00 to $30.00, depending on the beer and the underlying ingredients. You can view our selection of PicoPaks in our BrewMarketplace.
How much can I adjust the ABV/IBU of each PicoPak?
It depends on the recipe, but typically within +/- 5% of the original recipe target.
How do I transfer/rack my beer from a Brewing Keg to a Serving Keg?
There are two options for transferring or racking your beer:
- Transfer with Pico: This is the best option for someone who doesn’t have prior experience brewing or doesn’t have a spare CO₂ tank and regulator. Simply connect the Pico unit's GRAY Ball Lock Connector hose to the “IN” Brewing Keg post, and the Racking Tube's BLACK Ball Lock Connector to the “OUT” post of the Brewing Keg. Turn on your Pico, scroll to Utilities and press the Control Know, then select “Rack Beer”. Pico will pump air into the Brewing Keg which will force the beer in the Brewing Keg over into the Serving Keg. This process will take roughly 10 minutes to complete. Do not leave the Pico or Brewing Keg unattended while racking beer.
- Transfer with CO₂: If you have a CO₂ tank and regulator with ball lock connection abilities to connect to your Brewing Keg, you can use this to generate the pressure to rack your beer instead and ensure that your finished beer is never exposed to oxygen.
How do I carbonate my beer once it’s fermented?
There are two ways in which you can carbonate your beer:
- Forced Carbonation: Attach the included mini (5g) CO₂ cartridge to your CO₂ regulator, and insert into the carbonation bung in your serving keg. Adjust to 24 psi and let sit in refrigerator for 36 hours.
- Keg Conditioning (Natural Carbonation): Pour provided sugar packet into Serving Keg before racking beer from Brewing Keg. Then, rack beer on top of sugar. Let serving keg sit undisturbed for 7 days, or until fully carbonated. Chill in refrigerator before serving.
How do I dry-hop my beer?
Each PicoPak that requires dry hopping will come with a Dry Hop Sachet which you’ll drop into your Brewing Keg a few days after you pitched the yeast and fermentation has begun.
Is Pico backed by a warranty?
PicoBrew offers a one year limited warranty for all Pico units, and with the right care and feeding, the Pico is designed for years of great service in the home. See here for details on our one year warranty.
Do you ship Picos internationally?
We began shipping Picos internationally in January 2017. To purchase an intenrational unit, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Looking for International Versions?" link.
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 16" x 12" x 14"
- Weight: 24 lbs. (Pico only)
- Power: 110-120V. 15A maximum current
- One year limited warranty
- Sous Vide up to 205 °F
- Pico brewing machine
- User manual
- One (1) PicoPak
- One (1) Brewing Keg
- One (1) Dispensing Keg
- Brewing keg seal, stopper, and keg lid
- Keg Cozy for maintaining brewing temperature
- Fast Fermentation Adapter for decreasing fermentation time
- Dispensing keg plug
- Dip tube brush for brewing keg cleaning
- (2) Keg Wands for system cleaning
- Racking tube for transferring wort from brewing keg to dispensing keg
- CO2 regulator and adapter for dispensing keg
- Cleaning tablets for deep cleaning
- Sous Vide Adapter
*Free shipping valid for Pico orders in continental US.